Glenn DiNicola
Lighting Design and Video Production

Nov 23, 2010

MIDI light show

   Last week I had the pleasure of designing and programming a midi controlled light show. I programmed cues on my theaters ETC Expression and controlled the light board with Qlab, running on my macbook. I used 10 LED parcans, 7 source four's, and 2 Technobeam moving lights. The music is a mash up I made starting with "Soul Makossa" by Afrika Bambaataa, then "Acid 8000" by Fatboy Slim, finishing with "I Can Do Anything" by 3OH!3.


I didn't quite have time to do everything I wanted to, programming wise, because I was crunched for time. But over all I learned a lot about midi and using it to control the light board. I look forward to using midi in future shows, I think this or especially toned down versions of this can have useful applications when it comes to precise cueing on stage.



-Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment